Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to The Optical Company (Pacific) Pty Ltd trading as The Optical Co Eye Safety. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of Australia only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
By accessing and using our website, it is understood that you accept the below terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
1. Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
2. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we undertake to fulfil your order at the price listed at the time you ordered.
3. We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
4. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
5. Our products are for sale to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
6.We supply and despatch our products to customers within Australia only.
7. We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
8.If you are eligible for a coupon discount, you may use the code for one order only.
9. Packaging and postage is an additional charge, calculated at time of purchase.
10. When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address, telephone contact, glasses/contact lens prescription (if applicable) and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
11. We undertake to accept or reject your order within 7 days. If we have not responded to you within 7 days, your offer is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase however the most likely reasons for rejecting your offer will be that we do not currently have that product in stock or your prescription is invalid. We will endeavour to notify you promptly of any such rejection.
12. Once you have submitted an order, you may not cancel that order even if our acceptance or rejection of your offer is still pending.
13. Manufacture of prescription safety glasses will take up to 14 business days. This period begins post validation of your prescription.
14. We deliver products using Australia Post (Express). Shipping costs are a flat fee of $10.00 and will be added to the order total before checkout. Orders are despatched within 14 business days. Shipping times are estimated at between 1 and 3 business days, depending on your location.
Delivery of your ordered product/s will be made once manufacture has been completed. We will send your completed order by express post, which can take up to 2 days. We do not take responsibility for delayed parcel delivery due to regional locations or 3rd party courier faults. Delivery will be charged at a flat fee of $10.
15. We are not liable for manufacturing delays, due to errors and/or job complexity in the laboratory. In such a case, we will endeavour to notify you of the delay.
16. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
17. All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we despatch the goods.
18. Prior to fulfilling an order for prescription safety glasses, we require a valid prescription. This prescription must have been provided by a registered optometrist or ophthalmologist and within 2 years of purchase.
19. If the prescription is deemed valid by us, we will proceed to fulfil the order, relying on the prescription information you have provided. We will not be liable for incorrect prescriptions prescribed by 3rd party optometrists.
20. For incorrect prescription details provided by you, we will exchange the glasses once under the 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
21. If any prescription information is missing, for example, the pupillary distance (PD), we will apply a figure we deem appropriate based on the frame you have chosen and human averages.
Order Cancellation Due To Error
22. Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or similar oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction. Where your credit card has been charged, we will immediately refund your credit card for the total amount debited.
23. We undertake to replace you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged product, you must notify us through our designated “contact us” webpage.
24. We also undertake to exchange any undamaged product purchased from us so long as it is returned unused and with proof of purchase within 30 days of purchase however we will not provide any refund of such purchase. If undamaged goods are returned to us for exchange, we do not refund any packing and postage charges. Return of undamaged goods for exchange is entirely at your cost and risk.
25. If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
26. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
27. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
28. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
29. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
30. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products whic..
Terms and Conditions